Wednesday, December 16, 2009

All I Want for Christmas is...

     At the beginning of November, we told the kids to think about what they wanted for Christmas and make a list. A few days later, we get an email from Makana and this is what it read:
     "Hi Momma and Daddy, here is my christmas list. #1 - to see you, #2 - night-vision goggles. Miss you and luv you bunches!"
     WHAT?! Night-vision goggles? We'd totally expect that from Carson or maybe even Bryce (since she's a little bit of a tom-boy), but girly-girl, drama queen, pink princess Makana? We just laughed and thought it was awesome. She always catches us off guard with random little comments and things, so we should have expected something crazy like that. Later she told us she wanted a pottery wheel, so we got her that and decided to save the spy-gear for her birthday. Those kinds of things are much more fun in the summer anyway.
     Bryce's list wasn't quite as random: skinny jeans, clothes, posters for her room. The shocker was when she told us she wanted a Michael Jackson CD along with Owl City, Justin Beiber and a few other popular bands. Even though I have several of his albums, I was able to find an awesome Greatest Hits collection that had a bunch of old Jackson 5 songs too.
     Carson is pretty laid back and just goes with the flow, so his list was just as we expected: video games and Bakugons. Okay, maybe we didn't expect the Bakugons, but it wasn't really surprising. I, personally, thought they were stupid and pointless. I got him 2 or 3 and tried to find other things he'd like, but after he explained the whole point system and how complex they are, I got him a few more. To tell you the truth, I was a bit intrigued by how much he knew and Matt, being the little kid at heart he is, wanted some for himself so he could battle with Carson. It's kinda cute if you think about it, but I still have to make fun of him for it.

1 comment:

  1. Haha - that's so awesome! Glad to see you back to blogging!! Glad you had a great Christmas. xxoo

    ReplyDelete